Ping and Gene

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Adapting to a new environment - Tampines


After marriage, one of the sacrifices that I had to make is adapting to a new school and neighbourhood..... the thought of staying so far away from my parents makes me feels sad at times. Do not feel like talking about my new school as it is heart-breaking and not worth talking about in the first place.

Tampines though far from my usual hangouts (towns, anchorpoint and tiong bahru....)with friends, it has some interesting insights.

A 1-2 minutes walk, I reach my favourite bubble tea and smoothie shop.... Green Apple dessert.com. It is a small green shop at Blk 406. It sells nice and cheap smoothie, bubble tea, finger food, ice-desserts, crepes and so on. What I like best is that they use real fruits for the smoothie instead of sugar colouring. It is only $2 with pearls or jelly of your choice. Collect 10 stamps and get a drink on the house.... Managed to get one free drink so far.... on my way to complete the second coupon. Not to forget the friendly and nice auntie. I quite admire her passion and love for the shop as she opens everyday (rest on alternate Monday only) 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and self-managed the shop on her own most of the time. Very hardworking.

I have decided for the next long vacation Dec, I will explore Tampines and get to know the neighbourhood better and post them on this blog.... anyway this is our first neighbourhood together and maybe the last too :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home